Tunica Airport Badging and Vehicle Access Information:
Tunica Airport Administration Offices – Located in the Tunica Air Center
209 South Airport Blvd
Tunica, MS. 38676
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday – 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (closed for lunch between 11:30 am – 12:30pm)
As a courtesy prior to arriving please call: 662-357-7326
The Badging Process:
In accordance with federal regulations, Tunica airport-issued identification media are necessary for unescorted access into any airport security area. Identification media are only issued to individuals having a valid need to access sensitive airport areas as designated by an authorized signatory. Before issuing the airport ID, information is collected from the applicant to be kept on file and used for background checks including a security threat assessment conducted by the TSA. Certain levels of access also require fingerprint-based criminal history record checks that are submitted to the FBI seeking only for specific disqualifying crimes. Appropriate security awareness training is also a pre-requisite for obtaining an airport-issued badge.
Airport-issued identification media is a critical layer to airport security. Individuals can be quickly identified as having proper authorization to be present in a particular area by his or her badge. For this reason, your badge must always be displayed, waist-level or above, on your outermost garment while inside any airport security area.
The Applicant must come in and complete the badging process within 30 days of receipt of fingerprint results. If not badged within 30 days, the Applicant must repeat the application and fingerprint process.
Airport ID Application – Adobe PDF – Fill-able
Airport ID Application – Adobe PDF
Vehicle Permit Application – Adobe PDF
Signatory Sample Letter – Adobe PDF
|a. CHRC Fingerprint Processing (Includes STA Processing)||$48.00|
|b. STA Processing (Charged to individuals that only require STA)||$14.00|
|c. ID Card Initial issue||$31.00|
|d. ID Card Renewal Issue||$28.00|
|e. Deposit per Badge (If Applicable)||$100.00|
|f. Lost Stolen First Replacement (Includes ID Cost of $28.00)||$50.00|
|g. Lost Stolen Second Replacement (Includes ID Cost of $28.00)||$75.00|
|h. Lost Stolen Third Replacement (Includes ID Cost of $28.00)||$125.00|
|i. Not Returned||$50.00|
|j. Unaccounted for Badge||$50.00|
Forms of payment accepted: Cash, check made out to “Tunica Airport”, Visa, MasterCard, and American Express
Security and AOA Driver Training
Course information, user name and password will be provided during the badge application process. Go to online training from this link.
Note: All applicants with access to the Airport will be enrolled in the security and AOA course, even though drivers access may not be needed. This is required in order for your ID access media to be issued. AOA training is an annual requirement. Any lapse in this training after the indicated date will result in media being revoked access until training requirements are met.
1. What identification documents are required when applying an airport-issued badge?
- The same documents as listed on the most current List of Acceptable Documents of the Form I-9, found at www.uscis.gov/i-9. Your current airport-issued badge does not count as an acceptable document for our purposes.In addition to above, U.S. citizens who were born abroad must provide one of the following:
- U.S. Passport or Passport Card,
- Certificate of Naturalization (N-550 or N-570),
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship (N-560 or N-561),
- Certification of Report of Birth (DS-1350),
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240), or
- Certification of Birth Abroad (FS-545)
All identification documents presented may not expired or altered in any way and must be original, no photocopies, faxed, scanned or duplicated documents can be accepted. They must be presented in person when submitting your application to the airport ID office.
2. What must I do if my name has changed?
- You must complete an application indicating “name change” as the reason for reissue. If not all approved identification documents provided to Badging staff have the new name, an original or certified copy of the marriage certificate or court documents indicating the legal name change will also be required.
3. Is there a grace period on the expiration date for my badge?
- No. The badge expires at midnight on the morning of the date printed. Bring your completed application for reissue with the appropriate identification documents to the Airport up to 30 days BEFORE your current badge expires.
4. What do I need to do if my badge is lost or stolen?
- Immediately notify the Airport at (662) 357-7320 or, after hours, the Airport Operations Coordination Center at (662) 357-7377 and also your supervisor. For the new issuance of the identification media, you must provide a letter on company letterhead briefly describing the situation along with a completed application. Fee for an unaccountable Secured/SIDA/Sterile/AOA badge is $50.00.
5. Can I get a refund on the lost/stolen badge fee if I found and returned the badge?
- Yes. Only the lost fee is refunded to the original payer, if the returned badge has not expired. Fees associated with the issuance of the badge are not refundable.
6. What happens to my badge if I am no longer employed with the same company?
- The badge is property of the Tunica Airport and, as such, must be returned to your previous employer who will return it to the airport. This is also true if you remain at Tunica Airport but have changed employers.